Find here all the media that we are aware of covering our broken agreement with Reliance Properties Vancouver:
Thank You MLA Spencer Chandra Herbert! We asked you for a statement and you tweeted this. We couldn’t agree with you more:
A deal is a deal and should be honoured. Tenant relocation policies should be clear, and followed through on, not weakened because of one parties use of ambiguity. And if deals are broken there need to be consequences.— S Chandra Herbert (@SChandraHerbert) February 5, 2020
- GoFundMe: Please support us We are raising money to take on both Reliance Properties Vancouver and the City of Vancouver in a public campaign and legal battle.
- Affordable BC: Please take a moment to send Jon Stovell and Reliance Properties Vancouver a message they can’t ignore. And if it’s not asking too much please sign our petition.
- Price Tags: Bait and Switch~ Reliance Properties leaves 1188 Bidwell Street Returning Tenants with Few Options
- CTV BC News: Vancouver is ‘disappointed’ by developer’s actions but has no legal grounds to step in
- City News NEWS1130: Tweet containing video, The city is allowing a new rental building to accept tenants despite an ongoing relocation dispute with several former tenants.
- CTV News: Vancouver renters allege developer broke a promise to let them return at the same rent
- CBC News: West End renter accuses developer of dirty tricks over relocation agreement, an online article that covers our issue nicely. There are some aspects we would contest as not accurate. For instance we are getting a 90% rent increase not a 45%.
- Global News BC: Vancouver couple battles with landlord over rent increase, we do not agree with several aspects of the article. It is on a whole balanced and it was fun to talk with the reporter. However, the format and short time to air didn’t allow them to fully flesh out the story.
- Globe & Mail: Vancouver landlord, tenants disagree on terms of relocation provision in unusual rental arrangement, Clearly this is mostly the developers side. It came as no surprise when we drilled down on the author of the story that Jon Stovell the President of Reliance Properties Vancouver follows her on twitter and seems to be a fan. This is in some ways a scary article because you can see the mindset of a true 1%er and how they intend to deal with us.
Please feel free to contact us with any Media Requests. We will reply as soon as possible. We want to get our story out as far and wide as possible.